Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Secrets!

I am sitting here trying to figure out this thing in my head about the secrets that my sisters kept. I realize back in their time that things were very different then when I was growing up, after all my sisters are 20,18 and 10 years older than I am and yes, the generation gaps really do exist.
For those of you that do read my blog, thank you first of all, I hope you enjoy my postings, of all kinds.

I finally got to meet the Secret in our family, my niece Joy Lynn, the odd thing is that I knew the minute I saw her, there was this ease of just knowing that she was one of us, our blood line, our Tribe, not just her in her facial features ,but her heart, the way she laughed and the way she cries so easily, DEFINITELY a Rozelle trait.

For whatever reason my sister Fay decided to give her away back in 1955, we will really never know. My sister Sandie feels back then it was such a terrible thing to be pregnant and not married and our sister Joyce who also had a hand in this, not sure why they decided this, but those two, Joyce and Fay were always together, I am glad they had each other, during this time, it must of been the hardest decision Fay had to make as she loved her children with all her heart. As I sit here trying to figure all this out, the whys and how comes, maybe I'm not supposed to figure it out, maybe just maybe it's a "just is."

We finally got to meet in Jacksonville NC, which is very close to where my daughter Dawn lives, so she got to meet her also. I truly am so very blessed that she found us, well her daughter Mary did, on Ancestry .com .I was a bit hesitant that this wasn't some crazy just trying to get information, and I was hesitating at first, but then Mary said something in one of her text to me that was my "OH Crap ," moment, it just maybe and I realized, I need to know more. before I said anything to my niece Cheryl or anyone really, but mostly Cheryl because it would mean she has another sister, (with the same name as her sister that died a few years ago) that in itself is still a mystery, but I think Fay wanted to honor this Joy with naming her second daughter the same name and Raymond too now has a sister, and I am very protected of Cheryl, so I wasn't going to say anything until I was sure it was real.  It took me a few months to say anything. As we looked into it more and more, I really came to the realization that indeed this was our truth.

I cannot tell you how happy and blessed I am with my nieces, great nieces and nephews, it is like all of them, in some ways have just always been part of us, My niece Cherylynn has a sister, and nieces and nephews, Raymond has also, but he hasn't met them yet, but he will. In the meantime, my heart is full, I have always been so incredibly proud of all my nieces and nephews, great and even great greats, so to add these incredible people to my list is an honor. I cannot wait for the rest of this family to meet them all.

I want to thank my sweet Cheri and Tom for making this all happen, they both are such incredibly kind and giving, not just to me, but to everyone. So as life goes on, I have two weddings to attend of my great nephews, which means I get two more beautiful, incredible, women as Great nieces Bianca and Julianne soon. My world is full of family and best friends, and all is good with my heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment