Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

 WELL, HERE I AM AGAIN! This has been the most exasperating few months and the most exciting, it has been happiness mixed with thunder and lightning, sad faces and happy faces, ups and downs and all around, I think I am describing a tornado, which in my life would sorta fit.

Let me start by saying this: I have had to look at all that has happened and think about why I am so angry that these people who loved me kept things from me that they really had no right to do, maybe when I was younger for whatever reason, but not as I got into adult hood, when people died and then they were free to tell me and still didn't ,when i could of confronted my older sister Joyce and now I can't and yes I am very angry at these people I trusted ,so I have been trying very hard to let it go because there is not much I can do about it now and hating them or being angry enough to not want to see them again is a very strong emotion.

ok so got that off my shoulders, now onto the fun part, yes turning 70 can be very fun, My niece Cheri and Nephew Tom along with the lovely Miss Paco, My daughter Shannon and one of my besties Debby, all flew to Vegas with me to celebrate, and what a celebration we had, it took me 3 days after I got home to recoup am not kidding you, I never drank so much ,played so much and swam so much and walked so much ,and dance ,I think I need a new hip.lol....If you ever get a chance to see Maroon 5 in concert ,Adam Levine probably puts on one of the best performances on stage and yes he even comes out into the audiences. Pay to see him up close, you will not be disappointed. The rest well as they say what goes in Vegas stays in Vegas,lol.

The party didn't stop there, I got home after long delays, to my husband at the airport and then home after dropping our daughter Shannon off,there was presents and a cake and flowers, how dang lucky am I?

After a few days at home for some reason I broke out in hives and my psoriasis flared up, it was about a week of very unpleasantness. I also was told by my ear Dr.Ritz (who I adore) that I do indeed need hearing aids. "Sigh" oh the signs of getting older.

Ok enough about all this, my family wants my meatball recipe, so I am going to put it on here and maybe this will be the start of a family cookbook?

AUNT KAREN'S MEATBALLS:

WHAT YOU NEED:

HAMBURGER, 1 LARGE EGG,,  1 TABLESPOON ITALIAN SEASONING, ONE SMALL SLEEVE RITZ CRACKERS (CRUSHED),1 SLICE OF BREAD, MILK. 1 JAR OF CHUNKY TOMATOE AND BASIL MARINARA SAUCE, MOZZERELLA CHEESE, SMALL CONTAINER OF RICOTTA CHEESE, BUTTER 1/4 CUP FLAVORED OLIVE OIL.( YOU CAN USE PLAIN OLIVE OIL)1 TEASPPON CHOPPED GARLIC.

MIX TOGETHER: HAMBURGER, EGG,  RITZ CRACKERS,HALF OF THE ITALIAN SEASONING, (PLACE BREAD IN 1/4 OF CUP OF MILK) SQUEEZE OUT AND TEAR INTO SMALL PIECES ADD TO HAMBURGER.MIX WELL.

ROLL HAMBURGER INTO MEDUIM TO LARGE SIZE BALLS, SET ASIDE.

IN LARGE BAKING DISH ADD OLIVE OIL AND GARLIC, (I DO NOT MEASURE SO THIS IS GUESS WORK ON THE AMOUNTS.) PUT DISH IN 375 DEGREE OVEN FOR 10 MINUTES TO GET OIL AND GARLIC HOT, TAKE OUT OF OVEN ADD YOUR MEATBALLS, MARINARRA SAUCE, AND MOZZELLA CHEESE, COVER WITH FOIL BAKE FOR 35 MINUTES. TAKE OUT OF OVEN ADD THE REST OF YOUR ITALION SEASONING TO THE RICOTTA. TOP EACH MEATBALL WITH THE RICOTTA (SHOULD BE COLD) SERVE WITH A SIDE OF PASTA OR POTATOE SALADE, OR TOSS SALAD."ENJOY"

THIS WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE! BEFORE YOUM TOP IT WITH RICOTTA...YUM!



No comments:

Post a Comment