Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

 

Another few months have passed by and as I am looking out of my window at this beautiful white snow falling down, I think about how blessed we have been this winter with such a mild one, but yes, Mother nature is not done with us yet, especially here in the Adirondacks.

Alot of things have happened this year, some so very sad at the loss of sons and husbands, covid still hanging around, nothing can ever be as devastating as losing a child, and all you can really do is be there for your friends and let them know you care.

I have found that being grateful is such a natural thing in my life, I am grateful for my family, that my children and grandchildren are healthy and happy, that even though my husband has really been put through the ringer, health wise, he is strong and gets through all this pain and operations, he really is my superhero.

I have decided to put my link to my Pinterest page on here if you want to follow me, I think it is a really good page with tons of recipes and art and things to make. So, if you would like to even check out the page here it is. https://www.pinterest.com/karm1124/

I hope that everyone is healthy and happy and ok, whenever you can be kind to someone it will one day come back to you. Thank you everyone for reading my Blog, here one of my soup recipes for you. 💗This is one of my favorite soups.


This creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is a 30 minute meal that’s easy to make with sausage, kale, simple seasonings, broth, and cream!

Ingredients

  • 1 pound ground Italian sausagehot or mild
  • 1 small yellow oniondiced
  • 3 cloves garlicminced
  • 3 Tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • ½ teaspoon oregano
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • ½ teaspoon mustard powder
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 5 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups kalechopped or baby spinach.
  • 2 cups refrigerated tortellinijust under 10 oz.
  • Salt/ to taste

Instructions Note: 

  • Remove the casings from the sausage if you purchased links. Cook and crumble the sausage and diced onions over medium-high heat until the onions are softened and the sausage is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Drain grease. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
  • Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
  • Add basil, oregano, mustard powder.
  • Add the chicken broth and use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom of the pot. Slowly stir in the heavy cream. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
  • Add the kale and tortellini and simmer for 3-5 minutes. (If your tortellini needs longer cooking time, add the tortellini first, then the kale during the last 5 minutes.)
  • Taste the soup and add salt if desired. Start with ¼ tsp and add more after that if needed.
  • Transfer to serving bowls and serve! (This is great with Garlic Bread with Cheese!)
Cook the sausage, onions, and garlic. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add basil, oregano, mustard powder. Stir to combine. Add chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Add kale and tortellini. Cook 3-5 minutes. Taste and add salt if desired.  Transfer to serving bowls and add a 
  • For even more flavor, add the rind from a block of Parmesan or Romano cheese when you add the broth and let it simmer and flavor the soup. If any remains at the end of cooking, it can be discarded. Salt will likely not need to be added if you do this.
  • 2-3 cups of Spinach can be used instead of kale, stir it in once the tortellini is cooked and let it wilt, about 30 seconds. If you use frozen spinach, let it thaw and pat it dry prior to adding it.


No comments:

Post a Comment